Guam

Guam

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Finding out my wife is pregnant

Last year my wife simply Tuiesa and I had a conversation about when we wanted to have kids and we decided that then and there we would start.  when I agreed to it I didn't understand the finer points of a woman's menstrual cycle and how hardcore they become when they are in that time frame.  There would be times when i wanted to sleep so bad and I would turn around and she would say its time, I would literally sweat drop by how fierce she was about having a baby.  I mean I was enthusiastic about it too but sometimes you have to think about sleep and how wonderful it can be.

A couple weeks later still nothing new and we start to get discouraged, everybody is giving us advice and we try take it in with a smile and head nod but I would never forget the one sound advice that i took to heart.  My uncle told us to let it be and it will come don't try to get pregnant and stress about it because it never happens that way.   

 Flash forward - So we slow down and put it to the side for a bit.  Two weeks later and were laying in bed (its late by the way) and my wife turns over and gives me that look, so I give her a different look remembering our conversation with my uncle and said "I don't want to do it tonight I'm stressed out right now and I don't want to stress out" and promptly turned over and fell asleep. That night was one of the best times I've ever slept. 

We let nature take its toll and a month later we move on from actively trying to get pregnant when my wife is freaking out and feeling sick, in the back of my head I'm thinking she's pregnant but naw that cant be right its not that fast.  she wants to go the Emergency room and I'm freaking wondering whats going on and if she was OK.  she walks out into the waiting room gives me a sheepish look saying that it was only diarrhea, my face probably wasn't the most loving one at that moment and she quickly whispers to me "I'm pregnant."  wait what!  "I'm pregnant" she says again i was so happy at that moment and I held her stomach and couldn't help but laugh and tear up knowing that there was someone growing in there.  

Whenever your feeling down and don't know if what your doing is right. don't stress out (really it worked for me) and hopefully for you and don't let your wife break the news to you that way.  let me know your stories if you have any funny ones.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I want tommy to blog too. Maybe u can encourage him. Miss u guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course alli, he should make one it's fun.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete